I was working [Worbie] with two teammates: Norihito Yuki and Joori Lee for a business related class called [Entrepreneurship]. We came up with this idea for helping people who are not native English speakers to learn English through online video watching. This is an on-going project that hasn't been finished, and what I put here is a progress report on what we have over 5 months of researching, designing, and developing.
- Learning a variation of the definitions of the words by consulting dictionaries.
- Traditional dictionaries don't have entertaining aspects.
- Some people say watching TVs/Movies/Dramas would be the best way but it takes so much time to watch the whole video in order to learn words.
- We are developing a dictionary of English usage that allows users to learn variation of definitions of the words by watching video clips that are collaboratively edited by users.
CONCEPT OF THE WEBSITE
- Improving vocabulary in the context of the video source - learning along with entertaining
- learn various definitions of the words
- collaboratively edited
WHAT CAN PEOPLE DO ON WORBIE
- enjoy the entertaining content
- interact with each others to learn
- edit ‘notebooks’ for themselves and sell them for other users
- learn various grammar usage through videos clip in different situation
- improve their listening and speaking skill
- learn slangs
- Contributors of the Contents
- ESL teachers in general(Users who have the motivations to use this website)
- Movie fans (Native English speakers who can add contents of high quality)
- Users who learn/enjoy the videos
- English learners
EXPLORATION ABOUT THE CONTENT ON THE WEBSITE
USER FLOW ON HOW TO CREATE A POST
Education: Clean, Reliable
Cinema: Active, fun
Light lines(clean) + simple geometric shapes
white or light grey for background